Eve Gruntfest, PhD
Areas of Interest
- Integrating Social Science into Hydrology and Meteorology
- Hazard Warnings and Response
- Flash Floods
- PhD, Geography, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- MA, Geography, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- BA, Geography, Clark University, Worcester, MA
- J. Demuth, E. Gruntfest, S. Drobot, R. Morss & J. Lazo. 2007: Weather and Society * Integrated Studies (WAS*IS): Building a Community for Integrating Meteorology & Social Science. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 88(11) 1729-1737.
- L. Barnes, D. Schultz, E. Gruntfest, C. Benight, & M. Hayden. 2007: False Alarms & Close Calls: A Conceptual Model of Warning Accuracy. Weather & Forecasting, 22, 1140-1147.
- C. Benight, E. Gruntfest, M. Hayden, & L. Barnes 2007. Trauma & Short Fuse Weather Perceptions. Environmental Hazards, 7, 220-226.
- S. Drobot, C. Benight & E. Gruntfest, 2007. Risk Factors for Driving into Flooded Roads. Environmental Hazards, 7, 117-134.
- M. Hayden, S. Drobot, E. Gruntfest, C. Benight, S. Radil, & L. Barnes 2007. Information Sources for Flash Flood Warnings in Denver, CO & Austin, TX. Environmental Hazards, 7, 211-219.
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of the Kenneth E. Spengler Award from the American Meteorological Society, January 2009
- Fulbright Distinguished Chair of Geography at the University of Trieste, Italy, 2003
Volunteer and Service
- Chair, Board on Societal Impacts, American Meteorological Society.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Flood Risk Management.
- Editorial Board member, Weather, Climate and Society.